Wednesday, October 23, 2013

A visit to Tokyo October 2013, part 1

A visit to Tokyo!



 Train stations.


 Beware of kites! (The birds)


 Doves and pigeons at a temple.



Day and night.




Tokyo Big Sight.



Me at the Kaigai Manga Festa (International Manga Festival). I will write more about this in another post.






This green little path in the middle of Tokyo surprised me.


An odd blocky building (HQ of Square Enix or something). If you had ropes and proper gear, it might be fun to climb.

 These fish will eat at and clean your feet.


 A cat cafe sign.



Sibuya station's scramble crossing. Why didn't anyone tell me that this scramble crossing was so much fun? It's like watching performance art, for free, and over and over. And you can go hop in and participate too.


And then, the trip wound down,

 and I returned south and to the countryside,


where the food is cheap, local, fresh and delicious.
 "Please try sampling these oranges," the sign says.



Bonus: also, upon returning, I met what appears to be my twin.



The end!

No comments: